‘A positive voice to attract, retain and encourage growing businesses’
The objectives of the Cranleigh Chamber of Commerce are:
-To support and encourage commercial enterprises of all size and type located within Cranleigh and the surrounding area.
-To provide networking events to ensure that communication between members is strong.
-To stage business briefing events for members throughout the year.
-To hold social events for members when appropriate
-To lobby government at local and national level about issues relevant to the business community.
-To ensure that Cranleigh takes strategic measures towards becoming a live local, work local community by providing appropriate housing, increased accommodation for employment and the infrastructure required to best support business and residents.
The Chamber undertakes to support and lobby for APPROPRIATE HOUSING, including:
- Affordable housing
- Well sited developments within walking distance of the village centre and places of work
- Family accommodation
- Accommodation for the younger population
- Single storey properties suitable for older downsizers
- Homes with room for expansion as families grow
- Homes for key workers
- Accommodation with room for home working
The Chamber undertakes to lobby for additional and sufficient provision of good quality EMPLOYMENT LAND AND ACCOMMODATION to reducing out commuting and congestion, including:
- Accommodation for businesses as they grow
- Attracting knowledge based businesses
- Attracting high value, low volume light industrial businesses
- Creating incubation and serviced offices for start-ups and early stage businesses
- Supplying ‘grow on’ office space for homeworkers to move onto
- Supporting those who run businesses from home
The Chamber undertakes to suggest, lobby, influence and respond to planning and decision making for INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS, including:
- New and sustainable transport solutions such as an improved bus timetable/a guided bus link to Guildford/ a cross village cycleway
- Additional and convenient parking
- Upgrading footpaths and pavements
- Dedicated on street loading/ delivery bays for shops
- Significantly improved mobile and broadband reception